Common Causes Of House Fires You Must Look Out For
Your home needs an excellent fire alarm, from a company like Eastern Fire, so your family will know when it's time to evacuate. However, the best way to keep your family safe is to also take whatever steps necessary to make sure that you won't have to evacuate from a fire in the first place. This can be accomplished by reducing the risk of fires.
Disinfectant sprays and aerosol cans can be very flammable. The gases contained inside these cans are under a lot of pressure. When heated, they can cause an explosion strong enough to cause a fire. The best way to reduce your risk of a fire is to not stock up on too many of these products.
One of the top causes of household fires is faulty wiring. When you notice wires that are fraying, they must be replaced as soon as possible because they're a threat to the safety of your home. Make sure that your electrical cords are not pinched. For example, it's common for electrical cords to be pinched by rugs.
If you don't keep your kitchen clean, you're more likely to experience a house fire. Food, grease, and splatter can later ignite while you're cooking. Always have a fire extinguisher near your home to put out fires while cooking. Never leave a pot on the stove unattended for too long. Also, beware of all the cleaning chemicals you can find in your kitchen. Many are flammable.
Clothes dryers are sometimes a cause of fires. When you install the dryer vent, make sure to follow the instructions. The dryer vents can sometimes become dirty and can lead to fires if not cleaned out regularly. Also, make sure to clean the lint that can accumulate underneath your dryer. Also, beware of the detergents, stain removers, and bleach that can lead to fires. Also, when these items catch on fire, they can lead to the release of toxic chemicals.
Other Heating Sources
Beware of alternative heating sources, such as space heaters. Portable heaters can fall over and cause a fire unless they are designed specifically to shut off. Never leave the furnace unplugged. Also, make sure that there are no curtains or objects that can become caught by the portable heater and can catch on fire. While each of these steps are crucial, you must also have a working fire alarm system that will alert you to a fire.